Monday, March 10, 2008

Temptations

We've just completed the Parade of Homes here in St. George.  It was a great success!  Its always a risk to pour so much money into a home in the hopes that #1 people will recognize your abilities and #2 someone will actually buy the home.  Fortunately we have a top notch construction and design team, and yet again they have built a magnificent home that accomplished both our goals.  

We traditionally have paid a professional photographer to come in and shoot the home for us, however this year I convinced them that I could take the photos and save the company some money.  I now know that this was both arrogant and presumptuous.

I felt totally comfortable in my ability to use light in shooting exteriors, but knew that shooting good interiors is a completely different ballgame.  I was also going into the situation with no additional lighting equipment except for natural light and my built in flash.  Next time I take serious shots of an interior of a house I will invest into some lighting equipment to help bring out the colors of the shot.  

These are a few of the photos that I took and had time today to do some post processing in photoshop.  



Sitting courtyard

Main Living Area
Kitchen
Front Entryway
Exterior

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

I think your pictures look great! Is that courtyard outside? If so, how nice!

DGreen said...

I'm glad you recognize your talents, some of the rest of us are not so lucky to see our own! Keep snapping those pics we enjoy them very much.