Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What are you loading?

Im sitting here next to my $900 gateway computer packed with all the best a PC has to offer, Vista, tons or ram, the works. Sitting here is about as peaceful as sitting next to a construction site. I have no programs running other than firefox, and yet the little hard drive is clicking away like Im loading my life-long history or something. What is wrong with this machine? Mind you I am not a computer novice, I have every "behind the curtains" windows program shut down to try to increase the proformance of my computer, and yet, it loads. Why...WHY!

I cannot even begin to tell you how refreshing it is to work on a Mac and have only the programs I need, running. I know, I know, not another "i love mac" blog, but I am becoming more and more convinced that I have wasted many hours of my life waiting for my PC to "load" frustrating.

I read an article today that I found quite funny. It reads like a press release from Microsoft, but in the opening few words it says how explorer 7 is "iphone like". HA, so funny. It shows again how much Microsoft has rested on its laurels as far as technology. I for one am not a Steve Ballmer fan. I think he is a good corporate person but I would not want him as the face of my company. I am a HUGE Bill Gates fan. I think he led the world on a technological revolution that will probably never be paralleled again. I really hate to see him phase himself out of Microsoft. I predict that with the transition of Ballmer taking further control of Microsoft, it will be much like Michael Eisner's disastrous job at Disney. Disney is still trying to recover from that PR nightmare. I would put my money on Bill Gates against such foes as Apple and Google any day of the week, but Ballmer I think would have a hard time overcoming even the weakest in the marketplace. He has no tact nor revolutionary vision, thus will be at least 3rd in the market in 5 years (just my opinion.) For the record, and not to sound to anti-Microsoft, I think that Google is falling into the same visionary slump that Microsoft is in at the moment. Anytime you think you are the best, and no one will ever match what you do, someone younger, faster, and less expensive will come along and dethrone you. Its the American way.

So in short, Mom, I'm sorry I talked you into that Vista machine a year and half ago, I only wish I would have had my conversion to Apple much sooner. Forgive me.

Your Son..

2 comments:

DGreen said...

Such is life...I'm now to the age that I do what my sons and daughter tell me to do for my own good, and look what happens...Other than my gateway crashing from time to time I haven't had too much trouble with it... but you see I haven't ever tasted the sweetness of the Mac so how would I know?

Cathryn said...

Ahh Mike! I can't believe that there are 2 posts from you. I guess I need to hold my end of the deal with the Flickr thing. :) Does a house full of pink eye, fevers and bad coughs give me a few days extra "pass?"

Sorry on the whole Mac thing. Everyone tells us they are the "best" but we are clueless to them.