Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stairway to Heav...Quail Lake


After being  inspired by my sisters blog; I decided to post a recent photo that I took at Quail Lake.  

For some odd reason I have always liked this set of stairs.  I know that sounds odd.  After all, they are just some ratty old concrete slabs buried in the ground leading from the parking lot to the lake.  I can remember taking those stairs many times, both as a teenager with my family, young adult, newly married, and now as a father with my own kids.  These old concrete stairs have lead me to many happy times and hopefully, many more.

In my editing of this picture, I decided to give it a dark color tone, with some highlights of the stairs and a few bushes.

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

Mike,

I LOVE LOVE the changes you have made to your blog. The banner is gorgeous..you should make that pic into a poster or maybe a framed series. I also love the stairs pic...it is mysterious (even thought I have walked those stairs!). Great job!